What does ad hoc mean for a job?
Ad hoc is a word that originally comes from Latin and means “for this” or "for this situation." In current American English it is used to describe something that has been formed or used for a special and immediate purpose, without previous planning. Ad hoc can be used as an adjective or an adverb. ad hoc committee.
Ad hoc analysis is a business intelligence process designed to answer a single, specific business question. The product of ad hoc analysis is typically a statistical model, analytic report, or other type of data summary.
- In general, ad-hoc limit is usually higher after adjustment. When your fixed limit is insufficient for spending (ex: renovation, travel), you can call credit card center of the card issuing bank and ask for a higher credit limit temporarily in a certain period.
- The rule-of-thumb I've found in researching this issue, (though no reference to a specific style guide was referenced – one site linked here) is if Latin and other foreign phrases are not hyphenated in their original language, then they are not hyphenated in English. "ad-hoc" is wrong; "ad hoc" is correct.
- [Latin, For this; for this special purpose.] An attorney ad hoc or a guardian or curator ad hoc is one appointed for a special purpose, generally to represent the client, ward, or child in the particular action in which the appointment is made.
If you call an ad hoc meeting of your knitting buddies, it means the meeting was formed for one particular reason — to knit. Anything ad hoc is either done for one specific purpose, or in an impromptu, last-minute way. Ad hoc comes from the Latin words meaning "for this."
- Ad hoc analysis is a business intelligence process designed to answer a single, specific business question. The product of ad hoc analysis is typically a statistical model, analytic report, or other type of data summary.
- Committee formed for a specific task or objective, and dissolved after the completion of the task or achievement of the objective. Most committees (other than the standing committees) are of ad hoc type.
- A wireless ad hoc network (WANET) or MANET (Mobile ad hoc network) is a decentralised type of wireless network. The network is ad hoc because it does not rely on a pre-existing infrastructure, such as routers in wired networks or access points in managed (infrastructure) wireless networks.
Allows a user to add a single payment to an order without going through any processing gateway. For example, if a user pays for an order with cash or a check the admin could add an ad hoc payment to the order with the type "Cash". All ad hoc payments require a comment to be left that describes the payment.
- Ad hoc is a Latin phrase meaning literally "for this". In English, it generally signifies a solution designed for a specific problem or task, non-generalizable, and not intended to be able to be adapted to other purposes (compare with a priori).
- IMPS Transaction Limits. Customer can transfer maximum amount as per the TPT limits. However per transaction limit for IMPS using Account number is Rs 2 Lakhs.
- NEFT transfers are processed in a batch. Presently rbi processes a batch every half an hour starting from 9am. The last process takes place at 7pm. Hence it takes upto 45 minutes to get the credit in beneficiary's account.
Updated: 16th October 2019