What does a tattoo of 5 dots mean?
The five dots, sometimes known as the quincunx, represents time done in prison. The four dots on the outside represent the four walls, and the dot on the inside represents the prisoner. The five dots is actually an international prison tattoo; it is common among both American and European prison inmates.
In logical argument and mathematical proof, the therefore sign (∴) is generally used before a logical consequence, such as the conclusion of a syllogism. The symbol consists of three dots placed in an upright triangle and is read therefore.
- Ellipses have 3 periods. An ellipsis (plural: ellipses) is a series of - in our case and typically - 3 dots that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or whole section from a text without altering its original meaning.
- Three dots. The three dots tattoo is a common prison tattoo that represents "mi vida loca," or "my crazy life." It's not associated with any particular gang, but with the gang lifestyle itself. This tattoo is typically found on the hands or around the eyes.
- verb. to receive and perform oral sex at the same time. Origin: the numbers 69 look like they are "69ing". Want to 69 each other? See more words with the same meaning: oral sex, 'go down on'.
You've probably seen the three-dot ellipsis in everything from thesis papers to text messages. It indicates the omission of one or more words or a trailing off of speech. According to the Associated Press Style Book, the four-dot ellipsis is really comprised of a period and an ellipsis, rather than four dots in a row.
- So now you know - DOT means "Damage Over Time" - don't thank us. YW! What does DOT mean? DOT is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word that is explained above where the DOT definition is given.
- That means that message is sent from your side but not delivered or read by receiver. In the image below you can see 2 blue ticks along woth date and time when message was delivered. But the message is not read so it has those three dots.
- There are fourteen punctuation marks commonly used in English grammar. They are the period, question mark, exclamation point, comma, semicolon, colon, dash, hyphen, parentheses, brackets, braces, apostrophe, quotation marks, and ellipsis.
Mostly seen in the UK but used elsewhere too, four dots tattooed across the knuckles stand for ACAB (All Coppers Are Bastards). Or a dot on each hand in between the thumb and forefinger, one meaning going into prison and one meaning they have completed their sentence.
- History: The word "diamond" is Greek in origin (?δάμας–adámas or "unbreakable") and means strength and invincibility. To the tattoo wearer, the diamond may represent inner beauty, as in the saying, "true beauty is found on the inside." Power: We often associate diamonds with wealth and the power that money can bring.
- The teardrop tattoo or tear tattoo is a symbolic tattoo of a tear that is placed underneath the eye. The teardrop is one of the most widely recognised prison tattoos and has various meanings. Sometimes the exact meaning of the tattoo is only known by the wearer.
- In some places, the tattoo can mean a lengthy prison sentence, while in others it signifies that the wearer has committed murder. If the teardrop is just an outline, it can symbolize an attempted murder. It can also mean that one of the inmate's friends was murdered and that they are seeking revenge.
Updated: 12th November 2019