* JOHNSON'S® baby oil locks in up to 10 times more moisture on wet skin than an ordinary lotion can on dry skin, leaving your baby's skin soft and smooth. It is clinically proven to help prevent excess moisture loss. This gentle oil is also easy to spread, so it's great for baby massage.
In this way, why Baby oil is bad for babies?
It is a synthetic oil which is a byproduct of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil. The honest truth is baby oil is actually harmful to our health. Mineral oil acts as a thin layer on the skin. It is difficult to absorb and clogs the pores, which slows the skin's ability to eliminate toxins.
When can you put lotion on a newborn baby?
During the newborn stage, babies usually do not need additional lotion on their skin. Some babies have skin that is very dry and splits, especially around the ankles and hands. You can put olive oil, Vaseline, or A-D ointment on those areas.
What is the best lotion to use on newborns?
Best baby lotion for regular use
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion.
- Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion.
- Johnson's Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion.
- Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion.
- Sebamed Baby Lotion.
- Johnson's Baby Milk Lotion.
- Cerave Baby Lotion.
- Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Body Creme.