What do you mean by lubricant?
A substance, such as grease or oil, that reduces friction when applied as a surface coating to moving parts. 2. A slippery liquid, gel, or oil that is used to reduce friction on or soreness of body tissue. 3. One that facilitates conversation or cooperation: saw coffee as a social lubricant.
The Engine lubrication system is considered to give a flow to the clean oil at the accurate temperature, with a appropriate pressure to each part of the engine. The oil passes through the main bearings feed- holes into the drilled passages which is in the crankshaft and on to the bearings of the connecting rod.
- A high-efficiency pump in the oil pan supplies lubricant to the crankshaft and connecting rod bearing surfaces. The pressure system incorporates a premium spin-on oil filter. Pressure lubrication is used on select single cylinder engines.
- This prevents the production of rust, therefore preventing damage to the metal machine surfaces. So a lubricant is a substance that reduces friction, heat, and wear when introduced as a film between solid surfaces.
- A wet sump is a lubricating oil management design for piston engines which uses the crankcase as a built-in reservoir for oil, as opposed to an external or secondary reservoir used in a dry sump design. An internal oil pump is generally more difficult to replace, but that is dependent on the engine design.
What is a lubricant? During sexual arousal, a woman's vagina typically becomes lubricated, making it wetter and ready for sex. Many women find that lubrication makes sex more comfortable or enjoyable because it reduces friction and irritation. However, sometimes women experience vaginal dryness.
- Avoid: Glycerin. Glycerin is common in many lubes because it can increase their lubricating power. The downside is that glycerin is a sugar derivative and can ferment in the body. This may lead to yeast and urinary tract infections in women.
- CVS Health Lubricating Jelly is a greaseless, water soluble, non-irritating lubricant for general needs. Recommended for personal lubrication when vaginal dryness causes discomfort. An excellent lubricant for insertion of rectal thermometers, enemas, douches and similar types of nozzles.
- Graphite contains layers of carbon atoms. The layers slide over each other easily because there are only weak forces between them, making graphite slippery. These electrons can move through the graphite, carrying charge from place to place and allowing graphite to conduct electricity.
Updated: 2nd October 2019