What do you call an angle that is greater than 180 degrees?

Angles larger than a straight angle but less than 1 turn (between 180° and 360°) are called reflex angles. An angle equal to 1 turn (360° or 2π radians) is called a full angle, complete angle, or a perigon.

What kind of angle is greater than 180 degrees?

Types of angle
Acute angle Less than 90°Right angle Exactly 90°Obtuse angle Between 90° and 180°
Straight angle Exactly 180°Reflex angle Between 180° and 360°Full angle Exactly 360°
  • What is an angle that is exactly 90 degrees?

    Sample: The angle CAT measures 90 degrees. The angle CAT is a right angle. Obtuse - any angle which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees. These are "fat" angles that are very wide.
  • What do you call an angle of 180 degrees?

    An angle that is exactly 90 degrees is called a right angle. Angles greater than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees are called obtuse angles. An angle that is exactly 180 degrees is called a straight angle.
  • What are the types of triangle?

    • Equilateral triangle. The Equilateral triangle shown on the left has three equal sides and three equal angles.
    • Isosceles triangle. The Isosceles triangle shown on the left has two equal sides and two equal angles.
    • Scalene Triangle. The Scalene Triangle has no congruent sides.
    • Acute Triangle.
    • Obtuse Triangle.

What is the name of a 60 degree angle?

Equilateral triangle: All angles are the same (60 degrees)
Isosceles triangle: Has two angles the same and two sides the same.
Scalene triangle: Has all three angles and all three sides different.
Obtuse triangle: Has one obtuse angle, greater than 90 degrees.
  • What is the name of a 120 degree angle?

    Number of degreesType of angleReason
    120Obtuse> (greater than) 90 degrees
    170Obtuse> (greater than) 90 degrees
    90Right angle= 90 degrees
    270Reflex>(greater than) 180 degrees
  • What kind of angles are there?

    As the Angle Increases, the Name Changes:
    Type of AngleDescription
    Acute Angleis less than 90°
    Right Angleis 90° exactly
    Obtuse Angleis greater than 90° but less than 180°
    Straight Angleis 180° exactly
  • How do you construct a 60 degree angle?

    Constructing a 30º Angle
    1. Step 1: Draw the arm PQ.
    2. Step 2: Place the point of the compass at P and draw an arc that passes through Q.
    3. Step 3: Place the point of the compass at Q and draw an arc that cuts the arc drawn in Step 2 at R.
    4. Step 4: With the point of the compass still at Q, draw an arc near T as shown.

What is the name of a 270 degree angle?

Fourth grade math - Angles of 90, 180, 270, and 360 degrees. Angles such as 270 degrees which are more than 180 but less than 360 degrees are called reflex angles. Drawing angles, angle measurement need a protractor.
  • How do you make a reflex angle?

    To draw a reflex angle (i.e. angle greater than 180º and less than 360º), proceed as follows:
    1. Subtract the reflex angle from 360º. Then draw the resulting angle as described earlier.
    2. The required angle is outside the one that has been drawn.
    3. Mark the angle with a small arc.
    4. Label the angle.
  • What is the name of 360 degrees angle?

    The Full Circle. A Full Circle is 360° Half a circle is 180° (called a Straight Angle)
  • What is a zero degree angle?

    An angle with a measure of zero degrees is called a zero angle. If this is hard to visualize, consider two rays that form some angle greater than zero degrees, like the rays in the . Then picture one of the rays rotating toward the other ray until they both lie in the same line.

Updated: 7th December 2019

Rate This Answer

5 / 5 based on 1 vote.