A variety of treats keeps the chickens healthy and makes the eggs more nutritious!
- Bananas. Type: without the peel.
- Beets. Type: Raw.
- Berries. Type: any and every kind: blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, boysenberry, etc.
- Broccoli & Cauliflower.
- Cabbage & Brussel Sprouts.
Also know, what is bad for chickens to eat?
The five foods here, though, are potentially killers for your chickens.
- Never, ever allow your chickens to eat dried or raw beans.
- Chickens should not eat anything mouldy.
- Parts of the avocado should not be eaten by chickens.
- Chickens should not eat green potatoes or green tomatoes.
- Chickens should not eat chocolate.
What do you feed chickens?
To sum up: bugs, worms, seeds, weeds, grasses, and even rodents. Typically, backyard and small farm chickens also eat food scraps from the farm household - basically anything besides beans, garlic, raw potatoes, onions, and citrus. You can feed them beans, garlic, and onions, but the eggs might taste funky.
What food to feed chickens?
Grains – Rice, wheat, and other grains are fine for your chickens. Vegetables – Most cooked or raw vegetables are okay to feed your chickens. Suggestions include broccoli, carrots (cooked or shredded), cabbage, chard, cucumbers, kale, lettuce, pumpkins, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes.