What color concealer should I use for scars?
A normal concealer will be a shade or two lighter than your skin or a shade or two darker than your skin tone if it is being used to contour/highlight your face our to just conceal marks on the face. Corrective concealers come in the colors green, orange/peach, white, yellow, pink and purple.
Ideally, you need both concealer and a feather brush to apply it. Green cancels the red in pimples, but yellow, brown, or dark brown concealer can also cover up pimples, and you can use the concealer skin problems other than acne, such as circles under the eyes. A light touch is essential in applying concealer.
- If your circles are more blue-tinged, use a yellow based concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone. This color masks the blue discoloration and brightens the skin. If you have more brown colored circles, then use a peach or orange based concealer- 80% of all women fall under this category.
- As a side note, a hickey is just like any other bruise where the capillaries under your skin have exploded due to too much pressure which was caused by sucking on the area. It may hurt because you are applying pressure on a sore spot, but it will keep the bruising to the minimum.
- A hickey or a love bite is a visible mark on the skin caused by kissing, sucking or biting. It is basically a bruise that forms because the pressure on the skin makes the blood vessels burst. It can be reddish, pink or purple, but its color changes as the hickey heals, gradually turning greenish, brown, gray or yellow.
Pick the right primer for your skin. Use oil-free primer to keep your makeup in place. It can be especially difficult to keep concealer on an inflamed zit, but a dab of primer does the trick. Lightweight primers are less likely to irritate acne and are easier on oily skin.
- A stippling brush is used for – you guessed it – stippling. But stippling what exactly? The brush can be used to apply foundation, blush, bronzer, powder and highlighters. It also works a treat in applying liquid and cream products.
- The wonderful thing about the Sculpting Brush is that it does have multiple uses. Primarily, it's used for Sculpting and Contouring, but it can also be used for applying pressed foundation and does a great job blending.
- Fan brushes used for shading, blurring and glazing. Fan brushes are generally used for blending and feathering colors. Fan brushes can be used for painting trees, branches, grasses and detail. It is popular for painting hair with its ability to paint multiple flowing strands in a single stroke.
Updated: 6th October 2019