What cities are below sea level in the USA?
- Death Valley.
- Salton Sink, United States [−66 m (−217 ft)]
- New Orleans, Louisiana, United States [−2 m (−7 ft)]
- Laguna Salada, Baja California, Mexico [−10 m (−33 ft)]
- Lake Enriquillo, Dominican Republic [−46 m (−151 ft)], lowest place on an island country.
The highest point in South Carolina is Sassafras Mountain at 3,560 feet above sea level. The lowest point in South Carolina is sea level, where South Carolina meets the Atlantic Ocean. The Mean Elevation of the state of South Carolina is 350 feet above sea level.
- Texas lies low along the Gulf of Mexico where it's lowest points are at sea level. It's higher elevations rise in the west, in the Guadalupe Mountain Range of the southern Rocky Mountains. Guadalupe Peak, at 8,749 above sea level, is located in Culberson County just ten miles from the New Mexico border.
- The Largest States in the U.S. by Area
Rank State Area (in square miles) 1 Alaska 663,267.26 2 Texas 268,580.82 3 California 163,695.57 4 Montana 147,042.40
- Mount Whitney
At a mean elevation of 6,800 feet above seal level, Colorado has the highest mean altitude of the 50 states. Colorado's low point, 3,315 feet above sea level at the Arikaree River in Yuma County, is the highest low point in the nation and is higher than 18 state high points.
- List of highest United States cities by state
Altitude Name State, District or Territory 10,200 feet (3109 m) Leadville Colorado 9800 feet (2987 m) Brian Head Utah 9321 feet (2841 m) Taos Ski Valley New Mexico 9062 feet (2762 m) Fox Park Wyoming
- Its United States Post Office is located at the highest elevation of any in the country. Alma, which is a town, did not take the title as highest incorporated city from Leadville, Colorado, as is commonly believed. Leadville is still the highest incorporated city in North America.
- Dead Sea
This is a list of United States states by elevation. Elevation means the height of something above sea level. The highest point in the U.S. is Denali at 20,320 feet (6,194 m) above sea level. The lowest point on land in the U.S. is Badwater in Death Valley at 282 feet (86 m) below sea level.
- By any measure, Florida takes the prize for the flattest state in the nation because the highest point in the state is only 345 feet above sea level. Then Illinois, North Dakota, Louisiana, Minnesota and Delaware follow. Kansas merely ranks seventh in flatness.
- World Population
TOP 10 MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES (July 1, 2018) Rank. Country Population Rank. Country. Population 3. United States 329,256,465 8. Bangladesh 4. Indonesia 262,787,403 9. Russia 5. Brazil 208,846,892 10. Japan
Updated: 21st November 2019