The 27 Most Impressive Chemical Reactions
- Ammonium dichromate looks pretty cool when you burn it:
- Aluminum meets bromine:
- Caesium and fluorine are a reactive combo:
- Water and liquid nitrogen make pretty good cover for escape:
- Take one part hydrogen peroxide, one part potassium iodide, and a little soap, and you've got yourself a tiny mushroom cloud:
Hereof, what elements when combined explode?
Now this is an effective way for kids to remember the names of elements… have the elements explode! Five out of the six Alkali metals react with air and water: Lithium (Li), Sodium (Na), Potassium (K), Rubidium (Rb), and Caesium (Cs).
What is the most explosive chemical?
Here are five of these non-nuclear chemicals which all explode via the rapid release of gas.
- TNT. One of the most commonly known explosive chemicals is trinitrotoluene, or TNT, which has featured extensively in video games and films.
- Aziroazide azide.
What is the chemistry of an explosion?
An explosion is a rapid increase in volume and release of energy in an extreme manner, usually with the generation of high temperatures and the release of gases. Supersonic explosions created by high explosives are known as detonations and travel via supersonic shock waves.