While white meat is usually dry and less flavorful, the dark meat stands in stark contrast with both taste and texture. For white meat, we recommend a more flavorful cheese like Wisconsin Colby or Gouda. For dark turkey meat, cut the flavor with a spicy, Pepper Jack cheese or a soft, buttery Swiss.
Beside this, what goes well with a turkey sandwich?
Which Side Dishes to Serve With Sandwiches?
- Hummus veggie sandwich with couscous.
- Barbecued chicken breast sandwich with potato salad.
- Turkey sandwich with baked sweet potato fries.
- BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with baked beans.
- Hot ham and cheese sandwiches with cole slaw.
- Grilled portabello mushroom sandwiches with bean salad.
- Reuben sandwich with fruit salad.
Is eating a turkey sandwich healthy?
Whether or not a turkey sandwich is healthy depends on what you put into it. Portion size is also important, as too large a sandwich could provide you with more calories than you need. Half of a sandwich made from one slice of whole wheat bread and 2 ounces of turkey with mustard contains about 200 calories.
How many calories are in a homemade turkey sandwich?
A 1-ounce slice of Swiss cheese has 106 calories, and 1/4 cup of shredded iceberg lettuce has three calories. In total, a sandwich with these ingredients contains between 405 and 423 calories, depending on the bread choice.