If you vomit bile more than once, a medical condition might be causing the problem. One common cause is bile reflux, which happens when bile backs up from your liver into your stomach and esophagus. You can develop reflux after gastric surgery. Bile reflux is not the same as acid reflux.
Similarly one may ask, what Colour is bile?
Green or Yellow Vomit. Green or yellow vomit, also known as bile, is produced by the liver and stored in the gallbladder. The release of bile occurs when an individual is vomiting on an empty stomach or is suffering from bile reflux.
How can you stop throwing up bile?
To help prevent vomiting bile, a person can:
- limit their alcohol intake and avoid binge drinking.
- not lift heavy objects to avoid the risk of a hernia.
- get regular colonoscopies if recommended by a doctor.
- avoid smoking tobacco.
- eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- eat foods high in fiber to help prevent diverticulitis.