- Peanut butter. This is a great source of added protein and fiber for your pup and a tablespoon on their dry food is a surefire way to get them to eat it!
- Lean proteins (like chicken, turkey and beef).
- Pumpkin and sweet potatoes.
- Rice and pasta.
- Peas and green beans.
Furthermore, is it safe to give your dog human food?
What can I feed my dog instead of dog food?
- Poultry – cooked, skinless and boneless.
- Beef (such as chop meat or beef cubes) – at least 80% lean and cooked.
- Canned meats and veggies – well-rinsed and drained to remove excess sodium.
- Keep it simple and lay off the salt and spices. Bland is better. You're preparing food for a dog, not Gordon Ramsay.
Can you feed your dog cooked meat?