However, based on the technology used to make computer monitors, they can be broadly categorized into three types.
- CRT (Cathode Ray Tube)
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- LED (Light-Emitting Diodes)
Beside this, how many different types of monitors are there?
The technology works by passing an electric current through liquid crystal which is contained between two sheets of polarizing material. There are 2 types of color LCD's, passive matrix and active matrix also known as TFT (thin film transistor). Passive matrix LCD's are the less expensive of the two types.
What are the two main types of monitors?
The two types of monitor technologies available to consumers are available in CRT monitors and LCD monitors. There are big differences between LCD and CRT, and while LCD technology has advanced to the point where its viewing quality is comparable to CRTs, many people today still choose to purchase a CRT monitor.
What are the different types of display?
Underlying technologies for full-area 2-dimensional displays include:
- Cathode ray tube display (CRT)
- Light-emitting diode display (LED)
- Electroluminescent display (ELD)
- Electronic paper, E Ink.
- Plasma display panel (PDP)
- Liquid crystal display (LCD)
- Organic light-emitting diode display (OLED)