- sudden weakness or numbness in the face, arms, or legs (usually on one side of the body)
- trouble speaking (garbled speech) or understanding.
- sudden vision problems in one or both eyes.
- sudden, severe headache.
- drooping on one side of your face.
Also question is, what are the symptoms of a blockage in the carotid artery?
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face or limbs, often on only one side of the body.
- Sudden trouble speaking and understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden dizziness or loss of balance.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
How do they clean your carotid arteries?
What are the side effects of carotid artery surgery?
- Reaction to anesthesia medications.
- High blood pressure/hypertension.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Swelling that causes airway obstruction.
- Heart attack.