- An unexplainable bucking and jerking in the vehicle.
- Sudden idle surges.
- Sudden engine stalling without any apparent reason.
- Hesitation while accelerating.
- Sudden surges in speed while driving on the highway.
- Intermittently flashing of check engine light for no apparent reason.
Likewise, people ask, what are the symptoms of a bad IAC?
- Irregular idle speed. One of the most common symptoms commonly associated with a problematic idle air control valve is irregular idle speed.
- Check Engine Light comes on.
- Engine stalling.
How much does it cost to replace an idle air control valve?
How do you reset your idle air control valve?
- Depress the accelerator pedal slightly.
- Start the engine and run for 5 seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for 10 seconds.
- Restart the engine and check for proper idle operation.