- Puncture. caused by a sharp or pointed object entering skin.
- Abrasion. caused by scraping away the superficial layers of skin.
- Incision. intentional cut by sharp instrument such as a scapel.
- Laceration. involves mechanical force and tearing of skin.
Keeping this in consideration, what does it mean to be wound up?
What are the five types of wounds?
- Abrasion. An abrasion occurs when the skin rubs or scrapes against a rough or hard surface.
- Laceration. A laceration is a deep cut or tearing of the skin.
- Puncture. A puncture is a small hole caused by a long, pointy object, such as a nail, needle, or ice pick.
What is an incision wound?