The most common side effects reported during treatment included dizziness, myalgia, nausea, fever, headache, vomiting, chills, diarrhea, skin rash, abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, and tinnitus. The most common side effects reported during malaria prophylaxis included vomiting (3%).
How much does it cost for a malaria vaccine?
The average cost of a single travel vaccine can vary from $45 to $85, with the yellow fever vaccine costing $75 per shot. Malaria pills cost between $1-$5 a day and the multi-shot regime for rabies and Japanese B encephalitis can amount to $300-$360.
How can you protect yourself from malaria?
- The top 10 tips for preventing malaria.
- Determine your level of risk.
- Stay in well-screened areas at night.
- Always use a bed-net impregnated with insecticides.
- Use mosquito repellent.
- Go for long sleeves.
- Insect repellent again.
- Sunscreen comes first - repellent second.