What are the side effects of clobetasol propionate topical solution?
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild skin rash, itching, burning, or redness;
- dry or cracking skin;
- thinning or softening of your skin;
- skin rash or irritation around your mouth;
- swollen hair follicles;
- temporary hair loss;
- spider veins;
- changes in color of treated skin;
To use the cream, foam, gel, lotion, ointment, or spray:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine to the affected area of the skin.
- With the lotion, protect the skin from water, clothing, or anything that causes rubbing until the medicine has dried.
- Olux-E (clobetasol propionate foam) Foam is a prescription corticosteroid medicine used on the skin (topical) to treat adults and children 12 years and older with certain skin conditions that cause red, flaky, and itchy skin.
- Calcipotriene is a man-made form of vitamin D. It is involved in the growth and development of skin cells. Calcipotriene topical (for the skin) is used to treat plaque psoriasis (psoriasis with scaly patches). Calcipotriene topical may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- Secondly, emphasise that all steroids are not of the same potency: clobetasone (Eumovate) is five times more potent than hydrocortisone and betamethasone (Betnovate) is five times more potent than clobetasone, and clobetasol (Dermovate) is more potent again. During steroid use encourage ongoing emollient application.
Temovate. Temovate (clobetasol propionate) is a topical (for the skin) steroid used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, and psoriasis. Temovate is available in generic form.
- Clobetasol propionate is classed as a very potent topical corticosteroid. Topical corticosteroids are also referred to as topical steroids. Topical steroids are used in addition to moisturisers (emollients) for treating inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Clobex (clobetasol propionate) Lotion is a topical (for the skin) steroid used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, and psoriasis. Clobex Lotion is available in generic form.
- Mupirocin is an antibiotic. Mupirocin topical prevents bacteria from growing on your skin. Mupirocin topical is used to treat infections of the skin such as impetigo. Mupirocin topical may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Updated: 2nd October 2019