What are the side effects of Bystolic 10 mg?
Side effects of Bystolic include:
- slow heartbeat,
- stomach pain,
Nebivolol is a cardioselective beta blocker approved for the treatment of hypertension. It produces unique nitric oxide–mediated vasodilatory effects, lacks intrinsic sympathomimetic activity, and possesses a tolerability profile similar to that of other beta blockers.
- Nebivolol is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as beta blockers.
- Diovan (valsartan) is an angiotensin II receptor blocker used for the control of hypertension, heart failure, and post heart attack. Diovan is available as a generic.
- Nebivolol is a cardioselective beta blocker approved for the treatment of hypertension. It produces unique nitric oxide–mediated vasodilatory effects, lacks intrinsic sympathomimetic activity, and possesses a tolerability profile similar to that of other beta blockers.
BYSTOLIC is a prescription medicine that belongs to a group of medicines called “beta blockers.” BYSTOLIC has been studied across multiple clinical trials. BYSTOLIC was shown to provide blood pressure reductions when it was used alone or when it was taken with certain other blood pressure-lowering medications.
- Several other factors are also thought to contribute to how beta blockers work, including reducing certain substances released by the kidneys and brain believed to contribute to high blood pressure. In addition, certain beta blockers, including BYSTOLIC, also relax the blood vessels so the blood flows more easily.
- The cost for Bystolic oral tablet 2.5 mg is around $145 for a supply of 30 tablets, depending on the pharmacy you visit. Prices are for cash paying customers only and are not valid with insurance plans. Bystolic is available as a brand name drug only, a generic version is not yet available.
- Beta-blockers are the other major class of blood-pressure-lowering drugs that have been implicated in causing diabetes or worsening diabetes control. But beta-blockers also block the release of insulin by interacting with nerve signals to the pancreas and can thus lower insulin levels even when blood glucose is high.
Bystolic and Weight Gain. Some beta blockers can cause weight gain, although newer ones like Bystolic are less likely to do so. Monitoring your weight while taking Bystolic or other beta blockers is very important — especially if you have heart failure.
- Metoprolol is used with or without other medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. This medication is also used to treat chest pain (angina) and to improve survival after a heart attack.
- Antidepressants that don't cause weight gain
- escitalopram (Lexapro, Cipralex), an SSRI.
- duloxetine (Cymbalta), another SSRI.
- buproprion (Wellbutrin, Forfivo, and Aplenzin), an atypical antidepressant.
- nefazodone (Serzone), a serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor.
- Unlike other beta-blockers, which are used to treat high blood pressure, nebivolol (Bystolic) does not cause erectile dysfunction as a side effect. One beta-blocker, however, dilates the blood vessels and does not have erectile dysfunction as a side effect.
Updated: 28th November 2019