What are the PSP models?
Template:List of PSP Models
|PSP Go (PSP-N1000)||All in One Port, Headphone Jack, Mic, Memory Stick Micro (M2)||3.6 V DC Non Removable Battery|
|PSP Street (PSP-E1000)||USB 2.0, UMD, Headphone Jack, Memory Stick PRO Duo|
Update with a PC
- Connect the PSP to the PC using the USB cable supplied with the console purchase.
- Turn on the PSP and go to Settings > USB Connection, then press the X button to activate the USB mode.
- The PlayStation Portable (PSP) is a handheld game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. Development of the handheld was announced during E3 2003, and it was unveiled on May 11, 2004, at a Sony press conference before E3 2004.
Acronym Definition PSP PlayStation Portable (Sony) PSP Paint Shop Pro (Corel Corp) PSP Personal Software Process PSP Puget Sound Partnership (Olympia, WA)
- PlayStation Vita. Remote Play allows PS4 users to play console games through their PS Vita. Once synced, users can control PS4 games with their Vita, playing using the small screen. Controller options will reset upon the switch back and forth, so diving into the Options screen of the game you're playing may be required
Method 3 Resetting a PSP to Factory Defaults
- Power down the PSP by holding the power switch up.
- Press and hold Triangle, Square, Start, and Select.
- While holding the buttons, flip the Power switch to turn the PSP on.
- Continue holding the buttons until the Sony logo appears.
- Power off the system and hold down the power button, right trigger, and playstation button at the same time and then a list of options will pop up. You can choose to restore the PS Vita, and format the memory card.
- To do this press and hold the power button for two seconds to turn off the system. You'll see an option to "Power Off", please tap this. If the system does not turn off or you can't see the "Power Off" option, press and hold the power button for more than 30 seconds until the screen turns off.
- This issue is related to how the PS Vita and the PSPGo before it function when plugged into a USB source. In order to "trick" the Vita to charge, you need to "short" the connection. You can do this by modifying a USB extension cable and using it to bridge the connection between the Vita and the USB charging device.
Updated: 22nd September 2018