The moving parts of an engine serve an important function—turning heat energy into mechanical motion. The principal moving parts are the piston assembly, the connecting rods, the crankshaft assembly (including flywheel and vibration dampener),the camshaft, the valves, and the gear train.
Keeping this in view, what are the parts of a car engine?
Let's look at some key engine parts in more detail.
- Spark plug. The spark plug supplies the spark that ignites the air/fuel mixture so that combustion can occur.
- Valves. The intake and exhaust valves open at the proper time to let in air and fuel and to let out exhaust.
- Piston rings.
- Connecting rod.
What are the component parts of an engine?
Functions of some of the Important Engine Components
- Flywheel: Flywheel is one of the most important engine components.
- Crankshaft: Crankshaft is also one of the most engine components.
- Piston: Piston is another vital engine component.
- Cylinder Block:
- Timing Belt:
- Spark Plug:
What are the parts of a car?
Engine: Including Block, Heads, Pistons & Valves. Cooling System: Including Radiator, Thermostat, Water Pump, Heater & Hoses. Charging System: Including Alternator, Regulator & Battery. Ignition System:Includes Spark Plugs, Distributor, Ignition Wires & Coil.