Less serious side effects may include:
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat;
- drowsiness, dizziness, feeling nervous;
- mild nausea, upset stomach, constipation;
- increased appetite, weight changes;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm; or.
- dry mouth.
Furthermore, is Prozac for anxiety and depression?
Prozac is an antidepressant used to treat conditions of anxiety, depression, panic, and obsessive compulsive disorder. There are no known drug interactions between Alli and Prozac. Do not start or stop any new treatments without first consulting with your doctor.
Is Prozac more effective than Zoloft?
Prozac (fluoxetine) Zoloft (sertraline) is good for treating depression and anxiety, but it can interact with many medicines. Prozac (fluoxetine) is good for treating depression and anxiety. It's more energizing than other antidepressants, so it may not be the best choice for people who have trouble sleeping.
What is Prozac used for besides depression?
Prozac is used to treat major depressive disorder, bulimia nervosa (an eating disorder), obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder. Prozac is sometimes used together with another medication called olanzapine (Zyprexa) to treat manic depression caused by bipolar disorder.