- Severe dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
- Sore throat, particularly from excessive and regular vomiting.
- Tooth decay, cavities, or gum disease, particularly from excessive vomiting.
- Gastrointestinal tract (e.g., duodenal, stomach) ulcers.
- Irregular period or amenorrhea.
Similarly, can you get stomach ulcers from bulimia?
What are the health risks associated with bulimia?
- Cardiac complications (irregular heartbeat and heart failure stemming from electrolyte imbalances)
- Edema (stemming from periods of purging cessation)
- Loss of potassium, sodium and chloride from the body.
- Ulcers, pancreatitis.
- Esophageal inflammation and/rupture (resulting from vomiting)
What are the side effects of self induced vomiting?
- Russel's Sign.
- Tooth decay.
- Swollen salivary glands (sialadenosis)
- Acid reflux.
- Sore throat and hoarse voice.
- Electrolyte Abnormalities.
- Intestinal problems.