- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use sauce to top your cooked spaghetti.
In respect to this, how do I make my own spaghetti sauce?
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Then, add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, bay leaves, thyme and salt/pepper.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes to let flavors meld.
How do you thicken homemade spaghetti sauce?
- Reduce by cooking at a low boil or simmer.
- Add some cornstarch to the spaghetti sauce.
- Make a Roux and add it to the sauce.
- Try adding breadcrumbs.
- Add mashed potatoes.
- Finish cooking the spaghetti in the sauce itself.
What goes in a good spaghetti sauce?