Adding or Deleting Task Bar Icons (Why?) The task bar is the gray bar at the bottom of your screen that displays the start menu, perhaps a few icons next to the start menu on what is called the Quick Launch Toolbar, and several icons on the far right in what is called the system tray.
Where is the task bar located?
Taskbar. A bar located at the bottom of the screen first introduced with Microsoft Windows 95 and found in all the versions of Windows that followed. The taskbar allows you to locate and launch programs through the Start button or view any program that is currently open.
How do I get the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen?
Move the taskbar back
- Right click in an unused area of the taskbar.
- Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is unchecked.
- Left click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
- Drag the taskbar to the side of your screen on which you want it.
- Release the mouse.
- Now right-click, and this time, ensure that “Lock the taskbar” is checked.