What are the dangers of Monster energy drink?
Potential risks associated with energy drink consumption include:
- caffeine overdose (which can lead to a number of symptoms, including palpitations, high blood pressure, nausea and vomiting, convulsions and, in some cases, even death)
- type 2 diabetes – as high consumption of caffeine reduces insulin sensitivity.
What's In Your Energy Drink?
- Caffeine. This is the primary ingredient in energy drinks, and its levels can vary widely.
- Guarana. Also known as Brazilian cocoa, guarana is a plant from South America that contains a caffeine compound called guaranine.
- B vitamins and other additives.
- Ingredients: Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Taurine, D-Ribose, Sodium Citrate, Natural Flavor, L-Carnitine, Inositol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Caffeine, Monopotassium Phosphate, Gum Arabic, Caffeine, Monopotassium Phosphate, Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- According to the label, its ingredients are:
- Niacin 30 mg — 150% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6 40 mg — 2000% of the RDA.
- Folic acid 400 mg — 100% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B12 500 mcg — 8333% of the RDA.
- Energy blend: taurine, glucuronic acid, malic acid, N-acetyl L tyrosine, L-phenylalanine, caffeine, and citicoline.
- How are the ingredients of Red Bull Energy Drink produced and where do they come from? Red Bull Energy Drink is made with real sugars. Ingredients such as taurine, caffeine and vitamins are synthetically produced to ensure high and consistent quality.
The ingredients include carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, natural flavors, taurine, sodium citrate, color added, panax ginseng root extract, L-carnitine, caffeine, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, niacinamide, sodium chloride, Glycine max glucuronolactone, inositol, guarana seed extract, pyridoxine
- The study authors broke down the most common ingredients found in energy drinks: caffeine, guarana, taurine, ginseng, sugars and B vitamins and why they might be problematic. This is the primary ingredient in energy drinks, and its levels can vary widely.
- Monster Beverages. Coca-Cola owns 16.7% of the Monster Beverage Corporation, which it purchased in 2015 for approximately $2.15 billion. Monster transferred all of its non-energy drink businesses to Coca-Cola, including Hansen's natural sodas, Peace Tea, Hubert's Lemonade, and Hansen's juice products.
- Energy Drinks
- Cocaine Energy Drink 33.3mg/floz.
- Monster M3 32mg/floz.
- Redline Princess 31.2 mg/floz.
- Speed Shot Intensity 29.4 mg/floz.
- BANG Energy Drink 22.3mg/floz.
- Spike Shotgun 21.9mg/floz.
- Wired X344 Energy Drink 21.5mg/floz.
- CoMotion Energy Drink 20 mg/floz.
Updated: 2nd October 2019