What are the Armstrong numbers?
An Armstrong number of three digits is an integer such that the sum of the cubes of its digits is equal to the number itself. For example, 371 is an Armstrong number since 3**3 + 7**3 + 1**3 = 371. Write a program to find all Armstrong number in the range of 0 and 999.
In number theory, a perfect number is a positive integer that is equal to the sum of its proper positive divisors, that is, the sum of its positive divisors excluding the number itself (also known as its aliquot sum).
- Also related to its being a perfect number, 496 is a harmonic divisor number, since the number of proper divisors of 496 divided by the sum of the reciprocals of its divisors, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 31, 62, 124, 248 and 496, (the harmonic mean), yields an integer, 5 in this case. It is the largest happy number less than 500.
- Numbers like 6 that equal the sum of their factors are called perfect numbers. 4 is not a perfect number because the sum of its factors (besides 4 itself), 1+2, is less than 4. Numbers like 4 are known as deficient numbers . 12 is not a perfect number because the sum of its factors, 1+2+3+4+6 is greater than 12.
- In number theory, an abundant number or excessive number is a number for which the sum of its proper divisors is greater than the number itself. The integer 12 is the first abundant number. Its proper divisors are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 for a total of 16.
Happy number. A happy number is defined by the following process: Starting with any positive integer, replace the number by the sum of the squares of its digits in base-ten, and repeat the process until the number either equals 1 (where it will stay), or it loops endlessly in a cycle that does not include 1.
- Here's a list of lucky and unlucky Chinese numbers!
- 2 (?, ÈR) - LUCKY. The Chinese believe that doubles bring blessings.
- 3 (?, SĀN) - LUCKY.
- 4 (?, SÌ) - UNLUCKY.
- 5 (?, WǓ) - LUCKY/UNLUCKY.
- 6 (?, LIÙ) - LUCKY.
- 7 ?, QĪ- LUCKY/UNLUCKY.
- 8 (?, BĀ) - LUCKY.
- 9 (?, JIǓ) - LUCKY.
- The number 13 is considered an unlucky number in some countries. The end of the Mayan calendar's 13th Baktun was superstitiously feared as a harbinger of the apocalyptic 2012 phenomenon. Fear of the number 13 has a specifically recognized phobia, Triskaidekaphobia, a word coined in 1911.
- Number 10 is rarely used in Chinese culture to symbolize anything because 10 is considered a "full" number. Chinese culture value moderation (????), meaning too much can be just as bad as not enough. We also believe cycle of life, whatever goes up will go down.
Adam Number. Adam number is a number when reversed, the square of the number and the square of the reversed number should be numbers which are reverse of each other. Adam numbers upto 1000 are: 0, 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 31, 101, 102, 103, 111, 112 , 113, 121, 122, 201, 202, 211, 212, 221, 301, 311.
- The area codes or prefixes 800, 833, 844, 855, 866, 877 and 888 are used by toll free numbers in the United States, Canada and all the countries covered by the North American Numbering Plan.
- Angel Number 555 is a message from your angels that it is time to let go of the 'old' that is no longer positively serving you. Trust that they will be replaced with 'better'. Release old doubts, fears and perceived obstacles, and if feeling any fears or confusion, ask for support and guidance from your angels.
- Biblical numerology of number 9 is the finality or the judgement. It is generally when at the time of judging a person and his works. Also, number 9 is used to define the perfect movement of God. The biblical number 9 is a number of patience.
Updated: 3rd October 2019