Advantages of Thread
- Threads minimize the context switching time.
- Use of threads provides concurrency within a process.
- Efficient communication.
- It is more economical to create and context switch threads.
- Threads allow utilization of multiprocessor architectures to a greater scale and efficiency.
Also asked, what are the threads in a processor?
In computer architecture, multithreading is the ability of a central processing unit (CPU) or a single core in a multi-core processor to execute multiple processes or threads concurrently, appropriately supported by the operating system.
What do you mean by a thread?
1) On the Internet in Usenet newsgroups and similar forums, a thread is a sequence of responses to an initial message posting. A thread is usually shown graphically as an inital message and successive messages "hung off" the original message.
What is process and thread in OS?
A process, in the simplest terms, is an executing program. One or more threads run in the context of the process. A thread is the basic unit to which the operating system allocates processor time. A thread can execute any part of the process code, including parts currently being executed by another thread.