What are the advantages and disadvantages of a computer?
Quick Answer. Computers have both advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, they allow us to access the wealth of information that is available on the internet. They also allow us to analyze massive amounts of data very quickly, saving both time and money.
Below is a list of the main advantages and benefits you'll get from using a computer.
- Increase your productivity.
- Connects you to the Internet.
- Can store vast amounts of information and reduce waste.
- Helps sort, organize, and search through information.
- Get a better understanding of data.
- Keeps you connected.
- The Importance Of Computers In Our Daily Lives. In the current world, it's almost impossible to imagine that someone can live without computers. They have become an electronic device of almost every day use for individuals of every age, and essential in almost all the business dealings that are made nowadays.
- 1) Primary storage, also known as main storage or memory, is the area in a computer in which data is stored for quick access by the computer's processor. The terms random access memory (RAM) and memory are often as synonyms for primary or main storage.
- Features of a Computer. High speed, accuracy large storage capacity, high reliability and versatility are some of the important features of computers. Speed: It has a very speed of executing instruction. CPU of a computer can perform more than 10 million operations per second.
Computers are used to control large and small machines which in the past were controlled by humans. They are also in homes, where they are used for things such as listening to music, reading the news and writing. Modern computers are electronic computer hardware.
- Charles Babbage
- An application, or application program, is a software program that runs on your computer. Web browsers, e-mail programs, word processors, games, and utilities are all applications. The word "application" is used because each program has a specific application for the user.
- Computers have become such an integral part of our lives because we rely on them for numerical calculations, storage of data, communication, and technological processes. Computers are simply complex counting devices. The abacus was an ancient computer which used beads to solve math problems.
Updated: 16th October 2019