- Movement. All living things move in some way.
- Respiration. Respiration is a chemical reaction that happens within cells to release energy from food.
- Sensitivity. The ability to detect changes in the surrounding environment.
Just so, what are the 6 characteristics of a living thing?
What are the six characteristics of all living organisms?
- Made of cells. A characteristic of life that all living things are made of one or more cells.
- Sense and Respond to Change.
- Use Energy.
- Grow and Develop.
What are the characteristics of a living thing?
- 1 Nutrition. Living things take in materials from their surroundings that they use for growth or to provide energy.
- 2 Respiration.
- 3 Movement.
- 4 Excretion.
- 5 Growth.
- 6 Reproduction.
- 7 Sensitivity.