What are the 5 basic needs of a human?
5 Basic Needs to Survive and Thrive
- Air. Oxygen in one of the most essential human needs.
- Alkaline Water. Apart form air, water is the most essential element to life.
- Food. The body can survive quite a while without food.
Things Needed to Survive in the Wilderness
- Water. An adequate supply of water is essential for survival in the wilderness.
- Food. Pack plenty of high-protein, non-perishable food for a trip into the wild.
- Fire. In the wilderness, build a fire to keep warm, light the darkness, purify water and cook food.
- Dry Clothing.
- First Aid Kit.
- Map or Compass.
- A good balanced diet is needed to get the right amount of each nutrient in your body. To stay healthy our bodies need good quality food with nutrients in them. Without these 5 nutrients carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals our bodies would not survive.
- Part 2: Survival Needs
- Food. Nutrients are taken in by the organism and broken down into smaller molecules that can be used by the body for energy and building cells.
- Oxygen. Required for the breakdown of nutrients to harvest energy.
- Body temperature.
- Atmospheric pressure.
- Animals need food, water, shelter, and space to survive. Herbivores can live only where plant food is available. Carnivores can live only where they can catch their food. Omnivores can live in many places because they eat both plants and animals.
Mike Forti, United States Air Force Survival School
- Large knife (machete or hatchet)
- Cell phone.
- Bic Lighter.
- 9 x 12 foot plastic painter's tarp (0.35 mm thickness)
- Mylar survival blanket.
- Mini LED flashlight.
- Water purification tablets.
- Water Container of some sort.
- Pack a Survival Kit
- Food & Water.
- Water – 1 gallon/person/day.
- Food – non-perishable (ready-to-eat canned meats, fruits, and vegetables are a good idea)
- Canned juices or soup.
- Powdered milk (store extra water to mix)
- Staples – sugar, salt, pepper.
- High-energy foods (peanut butter, jelly, crackers, granola bars, trail mix)
- Find water. First things first, if you are stranded somewhere in a temperate wilderness during late morning, the worst case is that you do not know where you are.
- Make friends with trees.
- Cut some Basswood bark.
- Go mudding.
- Invite some friends.
- Make fire.
- Build a shelter.
- Stay conscious of the fire.
- A survival kit is a package of basic tools and supplies prepared in advance as an aid to survival in an emergency. Supplies in a survival kit normally contain a knife (often a Swiss army knife or a multi-tool), matches, tinder, first aid kit, bandana, fish hooks, sewing kit, and a flashlight.
Updated: 16th October 2019