- Pulley: blinds, garage doors, flag poles.
- Lever: see saw, pry bar, lever action door latches.
- Wedge: scissors, screw, a knife.
- Wheel and axle: office chairs, carts, wheeled carry-on luggage and toy cars.
What are examples of levers in everyday life?
- Hammer Claws. Hammer claws are common levers that help you remove embedded nails in wood or other hard surfaces.
- Weight-Bearing Wheelbarrows.
- Bottle Openers.
- Tweezers and Tongs.
- Scissors and Shears.
What are some examples of the six simple machines?
- windmill, fan (wheel and axle)
- roller coaster, stairs (inclined plane)
- sledge hammer, chisels (wedge)
- door lock, drill (screw)
- flag pole, window blinds (pulley)
- seesaw, rake (lever).