What are some of the side effects of prednisone?
If you have any of these side effects, stop taking prednisone and call your doctor right away:
- Vision problems.
- Eye pain, redness, or tearing.
- Signs of infection, such as sore throat, fever, chills, and cough.
- Loss of contact with reality.
- Muscle twitching or tightening.
Prednisone is used to treat conditions such as arthritis, blood disorders, breathing problems, severe allergies, skin diseases, cancer, eye problems, and immune system disorders. Prednisone belongs to a class of drugs known as corticosteroids.
- Anabolic steroid abuse may lead to serious, even permanent, health problems such as: kidney problems or failure. liver damage. enlarged heart, high blood pressure, and changes in blood cholesterol, all of which increase the risk of stroke and heart attack, even in young people.
- Don't take anti-inflammatory painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen while you're taking prednisolone, unless they've been prescribed by your doctor. It's fine to take paracetamol with prednisolone. You can also take opioid-type painkillers such as codeine or co-codamol.
- Steroid drugs, such as prednisone, work by lowering the activity of the immune system. The immune system is your body's defense system. Steroids work by slowing your body's response to disease or injury. Prednisone can help lower certain immune-related symptoms, including inflammation and swelling.
That means that after taking prednisone by mouth (orally), it is absorbed in the body, unlike inhaled steroids (anti-inflammatory asthma inhalers) that go straight to the lungs. Prednisone decreases your immune system's response to reduce symptoms such as swelling and allergic-type reactions.
- Once sinusitis becomes chronic, the inflammation can take on a life of its own. Corticosteroids become an important treatment option, as they have anti-inflammatory effects. Taking an oral steroid such as prednisone for a week or so reduces the size of the polyps a little and decreases overall inflammation in the nose.
- Prednisone is used to treat conditions such as arthritis, blood disorders, breathing problems, severe allergies, skin diseases, cancer, eye problems, and immune system disorders. Prednisone belongs to a class of drugs known as corticosteroids.
- The Safest and Most Effective Cycles
Steroid Side Effects Gains Fluoxymesterone Risk of liver damage Low-Moderate Methandrostenolone Hair loss, edema, gyno, liver Moderate Stanozolol Liver Moderate Oxandrolone Liver Low-Moderate
Updated: 18th November 2019