What are some examples of a file extension?
In summary, the most common document file extensions are:
- .DOC and DOCX.
- .HTML and .HTM.
- .XLS and XLSX.
- .PPT and .PPTX.
The Different Extensions & When to Use Them
- JPEG (or JPG) - Joint Photographic Experts Group.
- PNG – Portable Network Graphics.
- GIF – Graphics Interchange Format.
- TIF – Tagged Image File.
- PSD – Photoshop Document.
- PDF – Portable Document Format.
- EPS – Encapsulated Postscript.
- AI – Adobe Illustrator Document.
- Uncheck the box titled "Hide extensions for known file types" like so: Click OK. Now you should be able to see the file extension: Right-click the file name and select Rename (or left-click and hold down the button for one second).
- A file format is the structure of how information is stored (encoded) in a computer file. File formats are designed to store specific types of information, such as JPEG and TIFF for image or raster data, AI (Adobe Illustrator) for vector data, or PDF for document exchange.
- A file format is a standard way that information is encoded for storage in a computer file. It specifies how bits are used to encode information in a digital storage medium. File formats may be either proprietary or free and may be either unpublished or open.
Below is the most common file extensions used with text files and documents.
- .doc and .docx - Microsoft Word file.
- .odt - OpenOffice Writer document file.
- .pdf - PDF file.
- .rtf - Rich Text Format.
- .tex - A LaTeX document file.
- .txt - Plain text file.
- .wks and .wps- Microsoft Works file.
- .wpd - WordPerfect document.
- Raster formats
- JPEG 2000.
- PPM, PGM, PBM, and PNM.
- EXE is a file extension for an executable file format. An executable is a file that contains a program - that is, a particular kind of file that is capable of being executed or run as a program in the computer. An executable file can be run by a program in Microsoft DOS or Windows through a command or a double click.
- The four common types of files are document, worksheet, database and presentation files. Connectivity is the capability of microcomputer to share information with other computers.
The four common types of files are document, worksheet, database and presentation files. Connectivity is the capability of microcomputer to share information with other computers.
- Method 2 Making File Extensions Visible on Windows
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Appearance and Personalization.
- Click Folder Options.
- Click the "View" tab, in the Folder Options dialog box.
- Make file extensions visible.
- Click on Apply, and then click OK.
- Chromium deficiency is described as the consequence of an insufficient dietary intake of the mineral chromium. Chromium was first proposed as an essential element for normal glucose metabolism in 1959, and was widely accepted as being such by the 1990s.
Updated: 29th September 2018