- Editor's choice. Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac. Best Mac Antivirus.
- Avast Free Mac Security. Best Free Mac Antivirus. 8/10.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. 8/10.
- Norton Security Deluxe. 7/10.
- AVG Antivirus for Mac. 7/10.
- Sophos Home. Best for Families.
- Avira Free Antivirus for Mac. 6/10.
- McAfee Antivirus Plus. 6/10.
Herein, do you need virus protection on a Mac?
Business Insider claims that Macs are now more vulnerable to viruses and attack than even Windows PCs. And Fortune has warned of Mac malware that can freeze Apple computers. Here then, are reasons for and against the suggestion that Macs don't require antivirus.
Is Mac less prone to virus?
The second reason is due to the Mac operating system. Mac OS X is run on a UNIX foundation, which is a more robust operating system than Microsoft Windows uses. So Macs aren't necessarily safer, just less prone to viruses. But there are ways to protect your Apple.
Do PC's get more viruses than Macs?
More recently, there was the Mac Flashback trojan. It's pretty well documented that Macs can, and do, get viruses. Essentially, Macs are safer because statistically you're less likely to be infected due to the lower number of viruses built to infect OS X. This idea is further reinforced in the mobile market.