Is the name Riley male or female?
Riley (given name) Riley is a given name for both genders, which first appeared as Raghallach, which was originated on a man who died in the Battle of Clontarf. Its source gives its meaning as "valiant". The opposite is true for the UK, where it is a primarily male name, being the 40th most popular boy name in 2016.
What does Riley mean? From the Old English ryge leah, meaning "wood clearing." It's also an adaptation of the Irish last name Reilly. Another meaning is "valiant." Origin.
- From the Hebrew name ???????? (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Michael is one of the archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible.
- Baby boy names
- The family name Reagan, and its cognates Regan, O'Regan, O Regan, O'Reagan, is an Anglicized form of the Irish surname Ó Riagáin or Ó Ríogáin, from Ua Riagáin. The meaning is likely to originate in ancient gaelic from ri "sovereign, king" and the diminutive -in, "the king's child", transliterating as "little king".
From a surname which comes from two distinct sources. As an Irish surname it is a variant of REILLY. As an English surname it is derived from a place name meaning "rye clearing" in Old English.
- It is also the patronymic form of the Irish name Reilly (Irish Gaelic: Uí Raghaile). It is commonly found throughout Ireland, with the greatest concentration of the surname found in County Cavan followed by Longford, Meath, Westmeath, Fermanagh and Monaghan, and the Province of Leinster.
- Riley Girl's name meaning, origin, and popularity. From the Old English ryge leah, meaning "wood clearing." It's also an adaptation of the Irish last name Reilly. Another meaning is "valiant."
- Riley Boy's name meaning, origin, and popularity. From the Old English ryge leah, meaning "wood clearing." It's also an adaptation of the Irish last name Reilly. Another meaning is "valiant."
life of Riley. Also, life of Reilly. An easy life, as in Peter had enough money to take off the rest of the year and live the life of Riley. This phrase originated in a popular song of the 1880s, “Is That Mr. Reilly?” by Pat Rooney, which described what its hero would do if he suddenly came into a fortune.
- Toxicity. Borax, sodium tetraborate decahydrate, according to one study, is not acutely toxic. Its LD 50 (median lethal dose) score is tested at 2.66 g/kg in rats, meaning that a significant dose of the chemical is needed to cause severe symptoms or death. The lethal dose is not necessarily the same for humans.
- If you prefer not to let your kids mix up slime using powdered detergent, contact lens solution containing boric acid makes a good Borax substitute, when combined with baking soda and glue. (Note: Most liquid laundry detergents in recipes for “Borax-free” slime contain Borax.)
- Instead of using borax to make slime, you can also opt for liquid laundry detergent. Any cheap liquid detergent will do, but again, some of them do contain borax as an ingredient. With this method, you combine the detergent with glue and food coloring.
Updated: 21st October 2019