Wheat-free Tabbouleh Salad. Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern salad of bulghur wheat mixed with chopped tomatoes, onions, parsley, mint, olive oil, and lemon juice. Bulghur is replaced by quinoa in this gluten-free version.
How do you make tabouleh?
- Add one cup of boiled water and one cup of bourghul (bulgur) in a small bowl and mix.
- Finely chop the parsley, spring onions and tomatoes and place them into your separate large salad bowl.
- Juice all the fresh lemons and pour it over the salad mixture.
- Place over the cool bourghul and mix well.
What is the recipe for tabouli?
- 3 bunches finely chopped flat leaf parsley.
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint.
- 2-3 tablespoons fine bulgur.
- 1 chopped firm tomato.
- 1/2 onion or 2 scallions chopped.
- 1/2 cup extra Virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice.
- salt and pepper to taste.