Is Symbicort and dulera the same?
Advair, Symbicort and Dulera are all inhaled glucocorticoids mixed with a long-acting bronchodilator. For patients with asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) who have significant symptoms or repeated exacerbations you will use one daily.
There is currently no therapeutically equivalent version of Advair Diskus available in the United States. Note: Fraudulent online pharmacies may attempt to sell an illegal generic version of Advair Diskus. These medications may be counterfeit and potentially unsafe.
- Advair Diskus and Advair HFA are the brand names available for fluticasone propionate and salmeterol oral inhaler in the US.
- Less serious side effects include:
- headache, dizziness;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- dry mouth, nose, or throat;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain, cough, sore throat; or.
- hoarseness or deepened voice.
- Although approved for COPD, it may also be prescribed to help control asthma. Breo is the latest in a line of combination medicines that contain both an inhaled corticosteroid (fluticasone furoate) and a long acting beta adrenergic (vlanterol). The inhaler is made by GlaxoSmithKline, the same company that makes Advair.
|Dosage||Quantity||Price Without Insurance|
|120 doses of 80mcg/4.5mcg||1 inhaler||$222.64|
|120 doses of 80mcg/4.5mcg||2 inhalers||$443.28|
|120 doses of 160mcg/4.5mcg||1 inhaler||$253.77|
|120 doses of 160mcg/4.5mcg||2 inhalers||$505.53|
- He takes three daily COPD medications: Advair, which costs on average $286 a month; Combivent, an emergency inhaler that costs $243; and Spiriva, which costs $286. Without insurance, he would have to pay $815 a month for these life-saving medications.
- No. There is currently no therapeutically equivalent version of Symbicort available in the United States. Note: Fraudulent online pharmacies may attempt to sell an illegal generic version of Symbicort. These medications may be counterfeit and potentially unsafe.
- The cost for Spiriva Respimat inhalation aerosol (1.25 mcg/inh) is around $423 for a supply of 4 grams, depending on the pharmacy you visit. Prices are for cash paying customers only and are not valid with insurance plans.
Updated: 21st September 2018