Is Symbicort and Advair the same thing?
Both Advair Diskus and the Symbicort metered dose inhaler are maintenance inhalers. They are taken on a daily basis whether or not you have trouble breathing. Advair and Symbicort are NOT to be used for short-term or acute breathing problems such as an asthma attack.
Holzkirchen, June 15, 2017- Sandoz today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted its Abbreviated New Drug Application for fluticasone propionate / salmeterol combination product, a substitutable generic version of Advair Diskus®.
- No. There is currently no therapeutically equivalent version of Spiriva available in the United States. Note: Fraudulent online pharmacies may attempt to sell an illegal generic version of Spiriva. These medications may be counterfeit and potentially unsafe.
- Generic Name and Formulations: Budesonide 160mcg, formoterol fumarate dihydrate 4.5mcg; per inh; pressurized metered-dose inhaler.
- Although approved for COPD, it may also be prescribed to help control asthma. Breo is the latest in a line of combination medicines that contain both an inhaled corticosteroid (fluticasone furoate) and a long acting beta adrenergic (vlanterol). The inhaler is made by GlaxoSmithKline, the same company that makes Advair.
This product is used to control and prevent symptoms (wheezing and shortness of breath) caused by asthma or ongoing lung disease (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-COPD, which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema). It contains 2 medications: fluticasone and salmeterol.
- Fluticasone is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Salmeterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing. Advair inhalation is a combination medicine used to prevent asthma attacks.
- Ventolin HFA is a quick-relief (rescue) inhaler. It relaxes the muscles around your airways to prevent or treat bronchospasm. Ventolin HFA will work within minutes and make breathing easier.
- Ventolin HFA (albuterol sulfate inhalation aerosol) is a bronchodilator used to treat or prevent bronchospasm in people with reversible obstructive airway disease. Ventolin HFA is also used to prevent exercise-induced bronchospasm. Ventolin HFA is available in generic form.
|Dosage||Quantity||Price Without Insurance|
|100 mcg/50 mcg||1 inhaler||$232.54|
|250 mcg/50 mcg||1 inhaler||$287.71|
|500 mcg/50 mcg||1 inhaler||$376.85|
- Symbicort Price
Dosage Quantity Price Without Insurance 120 doses of 80mcg/4.5mcg 1 inhaler $222.64 120 doses of 80mcg/4.5mcg 2 inhalers $443.28 120 doses of 160mcg/4.5mcg 1 inhaler $253.77 120 doses of 160mcg/4.5mcg 2 inhalers $505.53
- No. There is currently no therapeutically equivalent version of Dulera available in the United States. Note: Fraudulent online pharmacies may attempt to sell an illegal generic version of Dulera. These medications may be counterfeit and potentially unsafe.
- If you think you might benefit from a different type of inhaler than what you've been prescribed, talk to your doctor about your concerns.
- Advair. MayerKleinostheim / Getty Images.
- Combivent Respimat.
Updated: 2nd October 2019