Is streaming an upload or download?
The first is your download speed, which determines how fast your computer receives data from the Internet. The second is upload speed, or how fast your computer sends information through the Internet. For streaming video to your computer, the download speed is the important information.
Watching TV shows or movies on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video. Downloading and streaming consume a similar amount of data.
- Downloading is when you take a file, whether that be a video, music, or some other data, and you copy it from a device or the Internet to your computer or phone. Downloading a file makes a copy of that file on whatever device you are using. On the other hand, streaming is when your device receives data constantly.
- As a rule of thumb, we've found most podcasts are approximately 1MB per minute; if you're wanting to listen to a 40 minute podcast, expect to use about 40MB of data.
- What is the difference between uploading and downloading? Uploading is the process of putting web pages, images and files onto a web server. Downloading is the process of getting web pages, images and files from a web server. To make a file visible to everyone on the internet, you will need to upload it.
Answer: A: No absolute answers, as it depends on teh movie and how well it compresses. However for a 90 min movie you'd be looking at 1-1.5GB for SD, and 3-4GB for 720p HD, more for 1080p HD. The size of the rentals is the same as the rental/purchase in iTunes so you'll get a feel for it there.
- Watching TV shows or movies on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video. Downloading and streaming consume a similar amount of data.
- How long does it take to download with broadband?
Headline Connection Speed 56Kbit/s 24Mbit/s Download 25MB video clip 1 hour 8 seconds Download low quality movie (750MB) 29+ hours 4 minutes 10 seconds Download DVD-quality movie (4GB) 6+ days 22 minutes
- SD quality video is standard 480p video. SD-quality video uses about 0.7GB (700MB) per hour. HD quality video is between 720p and 2K (remember, the app adjusts the stream). HD-quality video uses about 0.9GB (720p), 1.5GB (1080p) and 3GB (2K) per hour.
Updated: 2nd October 2019