Is Straight Talk owned by Verizon?
Straight also uses At&t towers. The boxes for those phones have GSM on the front, the verizon ones have CDMA or nothing. It's owned by TracFone. If the phone has a C at the end of the name of the phone (after the number) it works on Verizon.
Multiple members of the company's support staff insisted to us that 4G LTE Verizon phones are compatible with Straight Talk, but in practice we found that not to be the case. Straight Talk won't send you a SIM for a CDMA phone; instead you have to purchase a "Network Access Code" for $14.99.
- You can only purchase Straight Talk airtime cards either from Walmart or on the Straight Talk website using a credit/debit card. There is no third party seller, you also have the option to call customer service and use a credit/debit card to purchase airtime.
- You may transfer your telephone number from another company to Straight Talk online. To port in your existing telephone number to your Straight Talk phone, the number you are porting must be active with your current service provider.
- What Is an Unlocked Cell Phone or Smartphone? An unlocked cell phone is one that is not tied into a certain carrier's network: It will work with more than one service provider. Most phones are tied – or locked – to a certain cellular carrier, such as Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint.
This kit is for Straight Talk bring your own phone program that offer unlimited TALK/TEXT/DATA for $45. Unlimited data includes 5GB LTE data. For CDMA phones requiring a SIM Card such as Verizon iPhone, Verizon Galaxy phone or other unlocked CDMA phones. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH AT&T OR GSM PHONES.
- Straight also uses At&t towers. The boxes for those phones have GSM on the front, the verizon ones have CDMA or nothing. It's owned by TracFone. If the phone has a C at the end of the name of the phone (after the number) it works on Verizon.
- TracFone Wireless operates as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), holding agreements with the United States' largest wireless network operators to provide service using their networks, including Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation, and U.S. Cellular.
- Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phones. How can I obtain Straight Talk BYOP service? Visit stbyop.com and follow these steps: 1.
Updated: 10th October 2018