Is straight talk a CDMA or GSM network?
The phone sold by Walmart for use on StraightTalk is the A1429 CDMA. As a rule, you can not use a CDMA iPhone on any CDMA carrier other than the one it was originally sold for. if the straight talk iphone is GSM A1429 using CDMA 3G netwrok, I can switch to Tmobile LET 4G network when I move.
Place a SIM card for a different network in the phone and it will ask you for that code. Enter it (sometimes a reboot is needed) and the SIM should be recognized. The SIM card you use for unlocking doesn't have to be on a line that is yours. But your carrier might not want to unlock your phone.
- A PUK or 'Personal Unlocking Key' is a security feature on most mobile devices that protects your SIM card data. A PUK code is required when a SIM Card PIN code has been entered incorrectly. You can get your PUK code: Over the Internet: via My Account.
- You will be able to CDMA unlock them to use on another Sprint-based carrier, or international unlock them for internation SIM use, though. Call 844-665-6327 to unlock your Sprint phone, 888-322-1122 to unlock a Virgin phone or 866-402-7366 to unlock a Boost phone.
- The MetroPCS network has almost entirely moved to GSM and LTE. These two technologies rely on SIM cards and can easily be unlocked using these methods. In rare cases, your phone will not have an SIM card. This means it uses CDMA technology, and you will have to contact your new carrier to unlock it.
Yes, your SIM card will work with an AT&T compatible or unlocked GSM phone. Per the Straight Talk website; to activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices.
- Part 2 Unlocking Your Phone
- Get a SIM card. Contact the carrier you want to switch to for a new SIM card.
- Power off the phone. Shut down your phone as you normally would.
- Remove the Straight Talk SIM card.
- Replace the SIM card.
- Power on your phone.
- Enter the unlock code.
- How can I obtain Straight Talk LTE BYOP service? Your phone must be LTE Technology and compatible with one of our Bring Your Own Phone Programs. Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phones.
- If your iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6 is from a wireless company other than AT&T, Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile, you still may be able to use it with Straight Talk Wireless. You can check if your iPhone is eligible on straighttalk.com.
Straight Talk is a service provided by TracFone Wireless Inc., America's largest no-contract cell phone provider in the U.S., with over 25 million subscribers. TracFone Wireless is a subsidiary of América Móvil S.A.B. de C.V.
- AT&T owns a $7.5 billion stake in the company, which is owned by billionaire Carlos Slim. In addition, by offering Straight Talk over AT&T's GSM network, TracFone will be able to offer GSM handsets, which are typically less costly than CDMA handsets.
- The phone sold by Walmart for use on StraightTalk is the A1429 CDMA. As a rule, you can not use a CDMA iPhone on any CDMA carrier other than the one it was originally sold for. if the straight talk iphone is GSM A1429 using CDMA 3G netwrok, I can switch to Tmobile LET 4G network when I move.
- MetroPCS (stylized as metroPCS) is a prepaid wireless service in the United States that is part of T-Mobile US, Inc.. MetroPCS provides nationwide talk, text, and data depending on the plan services using GSM, HSPA, HSPA+ and 4G LTE networks.
Updated: 29th September 2018