Is sleeping without a pillow better for your neck?
Because It Will Benefit Your Neck and Your Back. Sleeping without pillows will help your back extend, and you will rest in a natural position without any consequences or aches. Using a pillow that is too soft can strain your neck muscles and even decrease the blood flow to your head.
Why Your Neck Hurts After Sleeping – The Main Culprit. When people wake up with a sore neck, they usually say they “slept on their neck wrong.” This strain causes stiffening and minor pain in the ligaments, tendons, and muscles of the neck, which can take anywhere from one to three days to heal.
- The 25 best pillows for neck pain, updated for 2018, include:
- Core Products Therapeutic Sleeping Pillow.
- Mediflow Waterbase Pillow For Neck Pain.
- Custom Sleeping's Cervical Orthopedic Pillow.
- Shredded Memory Foam Pillow From Xtreme Comforts.
- Core Products' Tri-Core Standard Support Pillow.
- Chiroflow Premium Water Pillow.
- Here's 4 of the simpler stretches recommended by WebMD:
- Slowly turn your head to the left.
- Tilt your head to the left and try to touch your left ear to your shoulder.
- Bend your head forward and try to touch your chin to your chest.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and a pillow under your head and neck for support.
- The most common cause of shoulder blade pain is a muscle strain. Short-term overuse of your arms and upper torso may be experienced in your scapula. Even something as simple as sleeping in the wrong position (especially prolonged sleeping on one side) could be a cause of this pain.
Updated: 25th November 2019