Is Siri a real person voice?
Her name is Susan Bennett and she lives in suburban Atlanta. Apple won't confirm it. But Bennett says she is Siri. Professionals who know her voice, have worked with her and represent her legally say she is Siri.
Apple's Siri curses out 12-year-old. Someone reportedly tampers with a demo iPhone 4S so that when a 12-year-old boy picks it up and asks Siri a question, she is not amused or amusing.
- In late 2011, reports surfaced that Google was greatly enhancing its product Google Voice Search for the next version of Android. It was originally codenamed "Majel" after Majel Barrett, the wife of Gene Roddenberry and the voice of computer systems in the Star Trek franchise; it was also codenamed "assistant".
- Even those who don't own an iPhone or iPad know about Siri, a smart voice-powered Apple's assistant. Siri is supposed to do everything a personal assistant would – schedule dates, set reminders, find directions, send messages or make calls. You can ask Siri whatever you want and get a plausible answer.
- Can you create a Siri-like experience on an Android smartphone? However, it is possible to get a fair chunk of Siri's functionality. Unlike iPhone 4S users, though, you'll need to gather together a couple of different apps if you want to issue a wide range of voice commands on your Android device.
Google's artificial intelligence (AI) is much smarter than Apple's Siri, according to a report from three Chinese researchers. But while Google's AI leads the tech pack, it has a long way to go before it comes close to human intelligence; the average 6-year-old has an IQ of 55.5, according to the report.
- It turns out the answer is not so simple. As SearchEngineLand has noted, Google cofounders Larry Page and Sergey Brin started BackRub, what later became Google, in January 1996. In that case, it would be 14 years old. Google.com was registered on Sept. 15, 1997, which would make it 13 years old.
- So while Microsoft's Cortana combines universal search with the digital assistant, Apple's drawn a line between the two — sort of. Spotlight can perform many of the same searches as Siri. However, if you type a question into Spotlight, it may launch Siri. A trigger word appears to be "What's."
- Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot (sometimes also called a "spider"). Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index. We use a huge set of computers to fetch (or "crawl") billions of pages on the web.
Updated: 17th September 2018