Is Season 8 of The Vampire Diaries going to be the last season?
The Vampire Diaries ending: Season 8 will be its last. After eight years, six doppelgängers, two car accidents on Wickery Bridge, and countless witchy hijinks, The Vampire Diaries has an official expiration date. During Saturday's Comic-Con panel, showrunner Julie Plec announced season 8 will be the series' last.
Elena confesses she still loves Stefan but no longer is in love with him and is in love with Damon. Stefan and Caroline realise that her feelings may have something to do with the fact that she's sired to Damon. She later tells him that her love for him is the most real thing she's ever felt.
- However, Elena breaks up with Stefan at the end of the episode after confessing her gradually growing feelings for Damon. In the following episode "My Brother's Keeper", Elena tells Damon he is the reason she and Stefan broke up and at the end of the episode Damon and Elena finally have sex.
- Bob Mahoney/The CW)
She barely makes it through season six alive, but in the last episode Damon saves her life even though it means that Elena will have to spend decades more in a magical coma while Bonnie lives out the rest of her days.
- Towards the end of season 3, Alaric was turned into an Enhanced Original Vampire by Esther and fed on Bonnie to complete his transition, also taking the White Oak Stake from Bonnie.
Nina Dobrev is finally returning to 'Vampire Diaries' The Vampire Diaries' forthcoming season finale will feature its beloved former star. Nina Dobrev will return as Elena for The Vampire Diaries' final episode, following reports that the CW drama's forthcoming eighth season will be its last.
- Katherine possessed Elena in the episode 500 Years of Solitude. Katherine took a permanent control over Elena's body in the episode The Devil Inside, but her spirit was expelled by Stefan in the episode Gone Girl with the Passenger-Killing knife.
- A vampire's death by a werewolf bite is very slow and painful, which is why many who are bitten are ultimately "mercy-killed" before they reach that point. Werewolf bites cannot kill an Original Vampire, as Elijah Mikaelson mentioned to Elena Gilbert when they were talking about how to kill Klaus Mikaelson.
- It's never been seen for a werewolf (in wolf form) to be infected by a vampire bite - traditionally vampire bites simply kill werewolves. Thus, it's only likely that a wolf would be vampire-bitten (with any effect other than death) while in human form. Therefore, it's doubtful that the wolf transformation would occur.
“Vampire Diaries” fans will indeed be seeing Elena Gilbert one last time. Nina Dobrev, who played Elena for six seasons on The CW's bloodsucker drama, posted a photo on her Instagram account on Thursday morning revealing she's returning to the series for its finale.
- The Vampire Diaries ending: Season 8 will be its last. After eight years, six doppelgängers, two car accidents on Wickery Bridge, and countless witchy hijinks, The Vampire Diaries has an official expiration date. During Saturday's Comic-Con panel, showrunner Julie Plec announced season 8 will be the series' last.
- There are two known doppelgänger lines which stem from Silas and Amara, respectively. Known doppelgängers of Silas are Stefan Salvatore and Tom Avery, and known doppelgängers of Amara are Tatia, Katherine Pierce and Elena Gilbert. As of Season Eight, Elena Gilbert is the last remaining doppelgänger.
- She is a distant descendant of Amara. Katerina Petrova (a.k.a. Katherine Pierce, 2nd Petrova Doppelgänger): Katerina Petrova, or Katherine Pierce (Bulgarian and Russian: Катерина Петрова) was born June 05, 1473 in Bulgaria.
Updated: 2nd October 2019