Is Nvidia or AMD better?
The new Vega cards can compete with the older NVIDIA cards -- the refreshed GTX 1080 Ti is 35% faster than the GTX 1080 that AMD is targeting. However, AMD's GPU consumes 30% more power than the GTX 1080 Ti, while it doesn't outperform NVIDIA in terms of performance, either, as per independent tests.
From budget to mainstream to high-end, these are the best graphics cards for your gaming PC.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. The best graphics card: perfect for 1440p and 144Hz displays.
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB. Powerful and packing HBM2, this is AMD's best GPU.
- AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB.
- AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB.
- Typically they will all be PCI Express, but for a graphics card you need a PCI Express x16 slot. There are three versions of this slot, but they're backwards compatible, so a modern PCI Express 3.0 graphics card will work in a motherboard with a PCI Express x16 2.0 slot. This motherboard has two PCI Express x16 slots.
- A Graphics Card is a piece of computer hardware that produces the image you see on a monitor. The Graphics Card is responsible for rendering an image to your monitor, it does this by converting data into a signal your monitor can understand.
- If your system has a dedicated graphic card installed, and you want to find out how much Graphics Card memory your computer has, open Control Panel > Display > Screen Resolution. Click on Advanced Setting. Under the Adapter tab, you will find the Total Available Graphics Memory as well as the Dedicated Video memory.
THE MOST POWERFUL PC GPU EVER CREATED. NVIDIA TITAN V is the most powerful graphics card ever created for the PC, driven by the world's most advanced architecture—NVIDIA Volta.
- "FLOPS" is an acronym for "floating point operations per second." Microsoft says the Xbox One X's "Scorpio Engine" has 6 teraflops, as compared with the original Xbox One's 1.3 teraflops, the PS4's 1.8 teraflops and the PS4 Pro's 4.2 teraflops.
- THE MOST POWERFUL PC GPU EVER CREATED. NVIDIA TITAN V is the most powerful graphics card ever created for the PC, driven by the world's most advanced architecture—NVIDIA Volta.
- A teraflop is a measure of a computer's speed and can be expressed as: A trillion floating point operations per second. 10 to the 12th power floating-point operations per second. 2 to the 40th power flops.
The Best £200+ Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970 4GB. Moving up to our final category - the high-end cards - we have five contenders. AMD has two 4GB GPUs available: the R9 290 and the R9 290X, while Nvidia's offerings are the GTX 970 and the GTX 980 (both 4GB cards, with caveats) and the mammoth 12GB Titan X.
- OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
- Memory: 8GB.
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB.
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible.
- HDD Space: 65GB.
- DVD Drive.
- Reminder: 'GTA 5' Requires An 8 GB Installation On PS3 And 360. We all know that GTA 5 is going to be a massive game in terms of what it brings to the market, but it's also a massive game, literally. I just learned that Grand Theft Auto 5 requires an 8 GB install whether you're buying it for Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Although the system has a 500 GB model built-in, the PS4 allows users to swap it out for just about any standard 2.5-inch hard drive. This means you can swap hard drives in and out, or simply buy a very large one — a 1.5 TB drive, for example, will hold about 30 full-size games, to say nothing of smaller indie titles.
Updated: 12th November 2019