Is lemon tea good for hangover?
So, changes in the body's PH that occur after you drink lemon juice can actually help ease symptoms of a hangover such as headaches and migraines by making the body more alkaline. Finally, fresh juices and teas will replace the body fluids that are depleted during drinking sessions, as alcohol dehydrates you.
The best hangover cure of all time is rest and fluids. Keep drinking lots of water to rehydrate the body. Avoid coffee since it's also a diuretic and can actually make your hangover worse. Green tea or ginger tea will help with the headache and nausea.
- In the meantime, try these simple, natural ways to avoid the pain, or to tackle headaches, nausea, and general malaise the day after:
- Drink water.
- Drink other fluids, too.
- Grease up before you go.
- Consume sugar while you're drinking.
- Fill up the morning after.
- Eat ginger.
- Watch for prickly pear cactus.
- Go back to bed.
- In conclusion – yes, a hangover can kill you. It's a depressant and it can be deadly. But rather than die directly from a hangover, what will ransack you is the poisoning, dehydration and/or severe CNS (central nervous system) depression of over consumption.
- Oddly enough, they are actually basically the same drug. Benedril is diphenhydramine (bonded in a hydrochloride salt formulation). Dramamine is also diphenhydramine, but bonded to 8-chlorotheophylline, which whoever put the two together decided to give a different name altogether: dimenhydrinate.
Updated: 7th September 2018