Is it okay to drink Brisk iced tea while pregnant?
Is it okay to drink Brisk Lemon Iced Tea while pregnant? It's safe to drink Brisk Lemon Iced Tea just don't over do it because Brisk does have as much sugar as a soda and you do not want to get gestational diabetes during your pregnancy.
Yes, of course, drinking tea can offer a lot of health benefits. That said, sneaky sugar can, again, ruin any drink with even the best health intentions. Case in point: A 2-liter bottle of Lipton Brisk Lemon Iced Tea contains a total of about 670 calories and 184 grams of sugar.
- It is neither bad nor good. Just like any other soft drink, snapple also provides a small percentage of our daily nutrition. You can have it if you like the taste, but it can never replace water. A bottle of the raspberry flavor tea contains 36 g sugar, just as much as a Coke can.
- While Diet Coke's label might show zero grams of sugar, and the Snapple label shows 45 grams of sugar, neither of them is any better for you. While that's 45 grams of straight sugar in Snapple, it's almost double what's in a classic Coke. Like Forberg said, it's no better than a soda.
- The amount listed above is for their Sweet Tea variety. Pure Leaf Tea is Pepsi's attempt at a "natural bottled tea" beverage with just a few simple ingredients unlike their Lipton Brisk line. Despite the "healthy" sounding name, Pure Leaf has many varieties with a great deal of sugar.
Lipton Brisk Strawberry Melon. Unlike other Brisk drinks, this is not a tea, it is a non-carbonated flavored drink that is caffeine free. The drink doesn't contain any juice and is sweetened by high fructose corn syrup.
- Lipton - Brisk Lemon Iced Tea (2 Liter Bottle)
Calories 80 Sodium Total Fat 0 g Potassium Saturated 0 g Total Carbs Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars
- There are 70 calories in a 12 oz serving of Fuze Iced Tea. Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 100% carbs, 0% protein.
- There are 440 calories in a 1 can serving of Twisted Tea Hard Ice Tea (24 oz). Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 100% carbs, 0% protein.
Updated: 10th October 2018