Is having an IQ of 131 good?
According to the Current Wechsler (WAIS–IV, WPPSI–IV) IQ classification, a score of 130 and above is very superior. 95% of humanity falls between 70 and 130 (or 2 standard deviations from the mean of 100), so a person with an IQ of 131 is effectively smarter than 97.5% of the people.
An 'average IQ score' or 'normal IQ score' can be defined as a score between 85 and 115. The Mensa qualifying IQ score is a score that puts you in the top 2% of the population in a bell curve like this one. The Mensa qualifying score is 130 or higher, as shown below.
- At least when it comes to Mensa quizzes, the oldest IQ tests in the world. Wahi recently scored a perfect score of 162. It's believed that both Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein only had an IQ of 160.
- Yes, your IQ can change over time. But [IQ] tests give you the same answer to a very substantial extent, even over a period of year. The older you are, the more stable your test score will be. Now, validity of IQ as a measurement of all that we consider "intelligence" is another question.
- Nearly 70 percent of the population has an IQ between 85 and 115 on most tests. The scores above 115 are generally considered as “high IQ,” and those above 130 to 132 (depending on the test taken) are usually considered highly gifted and are in the top 2 percent of the population.
Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide: 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students) 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
- If it was a supervised test, then good for you, you have a high IQ score that's genetically inherited. An IQ of 150 is above the 99th percentile. This means that your IQ score is higher than 99% of people in the United States.
- A normal intelligence quotient (IQ) ranges from 85 to 115 (According to the Stanford-Binet scale). Only approximately 1% of the people in the world have an IQ of 135 or over. Genius or near-genius IQ is considered to start around 140 to 145. Less than 1/4 of 1 percent falls into this category. 145-164 - Genius.
- An 'average IQ score' or 'normal IQ score' can be defined as a score between 85 and 115. The Mensa qualifying IQ score is a score that puts you in the top 2% of the population in a bell curve like this one. The Mensa qualifying score is 130 or higher, as shown below.
IQ Percentile and Rarity Chart
|IQ||15 SD Percentile||Rarity: 1/X|
- An Intelligence Quotient, or IQ, is a measure of what psychologists call our "fluid and crystallized intelligence." Put simply, an IQ test measures your reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
- List of people with the highest IQ score ever recorded (in ascending order)
- Edith Stern (IQ score – 200+)
- Kim Ung-Yong (IQ score – 210)
- Christopher Hirata (IQ score – 225)
- Marilyn Vos Savant (IQ score – 228)
- Terence Tao (IQ score – 225 – 230)
- William James Sidis (IQ score – 250-300)
- Here are five ways, but it really all boils down to stretching your brain by learning new things:
- Become a renaissance man. Or woman.
- Play the brain game Dual N-Back. Do this 20 minutes a day.
- Do regular high cardio exercise.
- Learn an instrument.
- Buy the book Boost Your IQ by Carolyn Skitt, and play all the games.
Updated: 18th November 2019