How do I close my Google Drive?
- Click the Google Drive icon in your computer's toolbar .
- From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
- When the Google Drive Preferences window opens, choose Disconnect account.
- After you've confirmed disconnecting your account, open the Applications folder and move the Google Drive icon to your trash.
How do I stop Google Drive from syncing?
- In Chrome browser, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of your browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Click the box next to "Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline."