Q. Is it true that Google Drive is being discontinued? For desktop users who backed up files to cloud servers with the Google Drive app, the company has two newer programs to do the job instead. The Backup and Sync app for Windows and Mac, introduced in July, is Google's software for users of its free services.
How do I close my Google Drive?
- Click the Google Drive icon in your computer's toolbar .
- From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
- When the Google Drive Preferences window opens, choose Disconnect account.
- After you've confirmed disconnecting your account, open the Applications folder and move the Google Drive icon to your trash.
How do I stop Google Drive from syncing?
4. Disable Google Drive offline
- In Chrome browser, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of your browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Click the box next to "Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline."